Nimmons Consulting Values
Our core values are:
- Trusted Change Agents: Trusted by National Security leaders domestically and globally to deliver products and services to tight budgets and timescales in highly regulated, highly scrutinised, mission critical environments
- Creative and Challenge Led: Highly innovative and creative culture, constructively challenging orthodoxy and speaking truth to power as a truly critical friend
- Outcome Focused, Agile by Default: Outcome obsessed, not input obsessed. Agile by default, ensuring rapid delivery of value and the ability to fail fast and learn fast
- LEAN Start-up Thinking: LEAN organisation obsessed with continuous improvement and maximisation of efficiency
- Evidential: Decision making based on tangible evidence and data points
- Sustainable Change: Working with client organisations to adopt solutions and deliver against the procurement business case
- Collaborative: Collaborating with clients and partners to maximise positive outcomes, including knowledge transfer
- Diverse: Celebrating and harnessing diversity in deriving fresh insight and perspectives on complex client challenges in Defence, Security, Policing and Justice sectors.
I was born in Northern Ireland and lived there during the 1970’s, 80’s and 90’s. This gave me in-depth knowledge of the societal impact of terrorism, criminality and the security challenges faced by the police, army, civilians and policy makers.
I write about defence and policing challenges and contemporary crime issues. If you want to check out what I’m reading, everything on my bookshelves can be seen on Goodreads.
My driving motivation is to help clients innovate, to re-think complex problems and to build ground-breaking technology solutions that address key strategic security challenges. This motivation stems from my early life experience and a life-long passion for technology.
My super power is creating simple visual frameworks to help people see complex situations in new ways. My philosophy is “read, think, create, innovate, share, repeat…”
Steve is a Patron of the Royal Institution of Great Britain, a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Certified European Engineer (Eur Ing), Chartered Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS CITP) and Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (FIET). He is an internationally experienced consulting practice leader, and former head of Enterprise Architecture and Open Innovation at a global firm.