Nimmons Consulting Company Directors
Steve Nimmons, Founder and Director.
Eur Ing Steve Nimmons FBCS CITP FIET CEng FRSA FLS FSA Scot is an internationally experienced consultant with interests in innovation, digital transformation, enterprise architecture and cyber security. He is a member of:
- The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI)
- The UK National Defence Association (UKNDA)
- The Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House)
- The Campaign for Science and Engineering
- The Institute of Directors
- The Scrum Alliance
- BCS ELITE
Expertise and Interests
- Digital Solution Architecture
- Innovation and Complex Problem Solving
- Digital Transformation
- Cloud Computing
- Agile methods
- Cyber Security
- International Relations
- Strategic Studies
- Countering Violent Extremism (CVE)
- Counter Cyberterrorism
- (Electric Circle) Patron of the Royal Institution of Great Britain
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Certified European Engineer (Eur Ing)
- Chartered Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS CITP)
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (FIET)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
- Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
- Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland (FSA Scot)
- BSc Hons Computing with Diploma in Industrial Studies (BSc DIS), 1993
- Certificate in Terrorism Studies, University of St. Andrews, 2017
CPD Record (abridged):
- 2016-19 MSc Terrorism, Security and Policing – ongoing distance learning
- 2017 – Certificate in Terrorism Studies (University of St. Andrews).
- 2016 – TOGAF v9 Foundation (Open Group), ArchiMate v2 Foundation (Open Group), Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner (Scrum Alliance).
- 2013 – Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (FIET).
- 2008 – Chartered Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS CITP), Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists (WCIT), Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS), Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland (FSA Scot), Fellow of the Institute for the Management of Information Systems (FIMIS).
- 2007 – TIBCO Certified Professional (Rendezvous 7), IBM Certified SOA Associate, IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer, IBM Certified Solution Developer (WebSphere Process Server).
- 2005 – Certified European Engineer (Eur Ing), Fellow of the Institution of Analysts and Programmers (FIAP), ISC2 SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner).
- 2004 – Chartered Engineer (CEng), PRINCE2 Practitioner, Fellow of the Royal Institution of Great Britain, ISEB Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (Distinction), SANS GIAC GSEC, SANS GIAC GGSC, CompTia Security+, CIW Security Analyst, TruSecure ICSA (Certified Security Associate), IBM Certified for eBusiness Solution Technologist, Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).
- 2002 – Cisco CCNA, CompTia Network+, eBiz+, iNet+, CIW Certified Internet Webmaster (Master Designer).
- 1993 – BSc Hons Computing (2.1) with Diploma in Industrial Studies (DIS).
City of London
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Framework Knitters (2015)
- Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists (2008)
- Member of the Guild of Freemen of the City of London (2008)
- Juror of the Court Leet of the Guildable Manor of Southwark (2008)
- Freedom of the City of London (2008)
Honours / Awards
- Order of the Eagle of Georgia (Royal House of Georgia) (2010)
- Kentucky Colonel (Commonwealth of Kentucky) (2009)
- Honorary ‘Tar Heel’ (State of North Carolina) (2009)
- Paul Harris Fellow (Rotary International) (2015)
- Humanitarian Silver Medal (Red Cross Society of Mongolia) (2009)
Industry Panel Memberships
- Information Technologists’ Company – Security Panel
- Information Technologists’ Company – Government Panel
- British Computer Society Specialist Groups – Enterprise Architecture (Committee Member), Information Security (ISSG)