I first heard Euan Semple speak about Social Media at a BCS (British Computer Society) ELITE event at BT Tower (in London) back in 2008. What differentiated him from others writing and speaking about the subject?
- Experience: he has a very credible background in collaboration and communications, formerly at the BBC and latterly as an ‘independent consultant’ with blue chips and SMEs
- Hype realism: a recognition of the need to drive real value from social media, delivering business outcomes, not ‘digital noise’
- Adoption complexity: it takes ‘10 seconds’ to sign up on Twitter, and less again to start using it in an ineffective and potentially damaging way. Forces such as consumerisation and social web have created mind shifts in business. Euan sets out simple, effective, engaging and sensible advice that will inform CxOs, marketers and communications professionals alike
If you have an interest in the social web and optimisation of communications using social media, this book is a must buy.
Practical advice for managers on how the Web and social media can help them to do their jobs better…
Organizations Don’t Tweet, People Do: A Manager’s Guide to the Social Web
Further Reading on Social Media Strategy
- The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users
- The Business of Being Social: A Practical Guide to Harnessing the power of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube for all businesses
- Maximize Your Social: A One-Stop Guide to Building a Social Media Strategy for Marketing and Business Success
- The Social Media MBA: Your Competitive Edge in Social Media Strategy Development and Delivery
- The Social Media MBA in Practice: An Essential Collection of Inspirational Case Studies to Influence Your Social Media Strategy